Thursday 25 February 2016

The Wicked Girls by Alex Marwood

11940384
from goodreads
1 star

Today is the perfect day to curl up and read. While I love being at home all day with Miss P, this is a time when I wish she was already in school or in day care and I could just curl up on the couch and read. It looks like a winter wonderland outside, the perfect backdrop for reading a great book!

When do you like to read? Cold frosty days? Hot days lazing on the beach or in a hammock? On the commute?

Synopsis

I am taking this from goodreads as I didn't finish the book.

One fateful summer morning in 1986, two 11-year-old girls meet for the first time and by the end of the day they are charged with murder.

Twenty-five years later, journalist Kirsty Lindsay is reporting on a series of attacks on young female tourists in a seaside town when her investigation leads her to interview funfair cleaner Amber Gordon. For Kirsty and Amber, it's the first time they've seen each other since that dark day when they were just children. But with new lives - and families - to protect, will they really be able to keep their secret hidden?

My Thoughts

This was one of the book club picks for this year. Usually with book club books I will keep at it no matter what. This one I just couldn't.

While the premise sounds intriguing and promising, the execution of it was not so excellent. There were quite a lot of different story lines going on. And the characters were not engaging and I didn't really care about them. As I was reading I kept thinking, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care. So, I gave up.

Tonight when I go to my book club meeting I will find out what happened because I know the others finished it. But, I really don't care if I find out what happened.

I have never felt so apathetic about a book before. I guess there's a first time for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment