Tuesday 8 July 2014

Les Petits Fairytales by Trixie Belle and Melissa Caruso-Scott Illustrated by Oliver Lake

Cinderella: Les Petits Fairytales
from goodreads
4 stars

Summer reading is in full swing. We have signed up the kids for the summer reading program. They are always excited to tell the library worker about the books they read and see what cool prize they get. We went to story time today and the kids were quite tickled when one of the books that was read was one we had read recently. To see which book it was click here.

I have been trying to get books that will encourage and help develop the reading skills in my five year old. At school they send home books, so it is easy to do. I have been hunting the shelves to find books that have good picture hints and are not too wordy. For my seven year old I have been looking for french books to help continue her french vocabulary from the school year. So far it has been a fun reading summer adventure.

Synopsis

This is a board book series. Each book is a famous fairytale. There is only one word on each page which describes the main item for the story.

My Thoughts

This is a really cute series. I picked them out for my five year old. They were great to help her read. The drawings were really cute and she loved describing what the picture was showing. So far we have read Cinderella, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast and Little Red Riding Hood and she wants to read more.

These are good for emerging readers and for toddlers. As it is simple and straightforward. My seven year old did like the pictures, but it wasn't as exciting for her.

If you are looking for cute books to introduce fairytales to your youngsters or want to encourage reading and vocabulary learning these are great books.

No comments:

Post a Comment